1. Movoto
  2. Credit Repair & Monitoring

How can I dispute an error on my credit report?

If you have found an error on your credit report, you should contact the credit institution that provided that information to have it corrected. You can contact these institutions over the phone, by letter, and online. Explain what items from your credit report are incorrect and why you believe they are inaccurate with evidence. Provide credit institutions with notice if you have authorized someone to contact the agency on your behalf if you have an attorney or a valid power of attorney.